Joan offers Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® classes Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at her office, Movementwise, in downtown Corvallis. No matter what your level of physical skill and ability, these classes will help you learn to move better. You will enhance both your physical and mental agility by making a better connection between your mind and body.
Classes consist of easy, step-by-step movements verbally directed the instructor, with a different topic each month, listed below. Usually, the movements are completed lying on the floor, but may also include sitting, standing and walking activities. Assistance is available at each class to help you get up and down from the floor if needed.
Classes are appropriate for nearly all skill levels, from those recovering from an injury to those working to excel in physical fitness. Class activities are designed for both those new to Feldenkrais and those with years of experience.
Call/email ahead of time if you have questions about the classes or need accommodations for your specific needs, at 541.730.2812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration: Feldenkrais classes at Joan’s office, Movementwise, require pre-registration each month due to small class size (6-8 participants). Register with Joan by leaving a message at (541) 730-2812 or e-mailing her at email@example.com.
Location: Movementwise is located at 230 SW Third Street, Suite #304, on the third floor in the Crees building at Jefferson and Third Street in downtown Corvallis, above the Inkwell Home Store. Wheelchair accessible. Call or email for directions.
Cost: Class costs are based on how many classes occur in a month. $50/mo once a week (4 classes total), $90/mo twice a week (8 total). Classes are 60 minutes long. A single (“drop in”) class costs $20 per class when space is available. You may attend your first class FREE, but please call first to check availability. Classes are often filled up due to the small class size.
POWER OF THE PELVIS in the muscles of pelvic floor, hips, abdomen and legs
- TUESDAYS 130 pm – (January 3, 10, 17, and 24, but not the 31)
- or WEDNESDAYS 930 am – (January 4, 11, 18 and 25). Wednesday class is a repeat of Tuesdays.
UNLOCKING THE RIB CAGE to find flexibility in the neck, back and shoulders.
- FRIDAYS 930 am (January 6, 13, 20, and 27)
METAPHORS IN MOTION: How perception influences movements.
- TUESDAYS 130 pm – (JANUARY 31, February 7, 14, and 21, but not the 28)
- or WEDNESDAYS 930 am – (February 1, 8, 15, and 22). Wednesday class is a repeat of Tuesdays.
GETTING YOUR FEET ON THE GROUND: Explorations for the feet and ankles
- FRIDAYS 930 am – (February 3, 10, 17, and 24)
EXPLORING THE SHOULDERS AND ARMS: Anatomy and function of the arms.
- TUESDAYS 130 – (FEBRUARY 28, March 7, 14, 21. No class Mar 28)
- or WEDNESDAYS 930 am – (March 1, 8, 15, and 22. No class Mar 29). Wednesday class is a repeat of Tuesdays.
EBB AND FLOW: From breathing to walking, explore the rhythms of life.
- FRIDAYS 930 am (March 3, 10, 17, and 24. No class Mar 30)